Tuesday, January 26, 2010

My First Stampscape Attempt


Ok - here it is. I actually think it turned out pretty well. I love how you can stitch these scenes together! I used the lakeside cove stamp and the rocky mountain stamp, both from Stampscapes. I stamped both in the middle and then partially stamped them on the ends so they extend over the whole piece of paper (this is a 4x6). I didn't go overboard on the colors because I was afraid of going too far. I just slowly added more layers of color as I got more comfortable with how it was turning out. For the clouds I used the paper towel techinique that Sandy Hulsart shows in her YouTube video. I wish I could just buy every Stampscape stamp and all the ink colors - there are so many possibilities! I have three stamps that weren't used in this scene and I'm excited to see what I can make with them.
                                          
Here's attempt number two. I used Babbling Brook and the large tree stand from the Lakeside Cove set. I wasn't really sure where I was going with this and ended up overdoing the clouds - I continued to add the blue color on the edges and I think it panned out.

Browse through the Stampscapes Gallery - it's amazing what people can do with these.

No comments: